Using D-link wireless PCMCIA (AirPlus DWL-G650) network adapters with SUSE Linux doesnâ€™t work out of the box, i.e. for SLED10 and openSUSE 10.2, and D-link doesnâ€™t support a Linux driver. We will use MadWiFi drivers for the card to work.
The solution is simple:
1. Start YaST click on Installation Source.
2. Under Configured Software catalogs, add a new HTTP server with server name = madwifi.org, directory on server = /suse/10.2 and keep authentication as anonymous.
3. Go to YaST Software Management and install all the madwifi updates it presents you with. Choose all the kernal configs as well.
4. Reboot your machine
5. Go to YaST Network Devices, choose Network Card, use the NetworkManager and you should now see your network card in the list.
6. Configure it against your Wireless routerâ€™s network settings and youâ€™re done.
Taken from Linux.Wordpress.com